Understanding S.E.E.R. Ratings:
S.E.E.R. stands for SEASONAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY RATING
The Higher the S.E.E.R. rating the Greater the energy savings!
The minimum federal requirement standard is a 14 S.E.E.R., as of 2015. This minimum rating is approximately 30% more efficient than the 2006 previous standard of a 10 S.E.E.R. unit.
As stated, the minimum rating is a 14 S.E.E.R. If your existing air conditioner is more than eight years old, you will save a minimum of 30% of your current cooling spending just by replacing the unit with today’s standard unit. If you install a higher S.E.E.R. unit, the percentage of savings will increase.
Find out your potential energy savings with the Home Energy Saver Calculator
Schedule maintenance service 2x a year
- Program your thermostat. Click here to learn more
- Install a whole house fan to cool your home when the outside temperature is cooler than the inside temperature
- Ensure your home is adequately insulated, weather sealed for air leaks, double pane windows, & heavy window coverings
- Keep your outside condenser clear of vegetation, loose leaves, & debris
- Close blinds on windows facing the sun to avoid an added heat load
- Utilize the fan function on your thermostat
- Keep vents open and clear of furnishings
- Replace your filter at least twice a year