Heating Efficiency


80-AFUE-FAU-N8MSL-706x1024 Heating Efficiency

 

Understanding A.F.U.E. Ratings:

A.F.U.E. stands for Annualized Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The AFUE % rating is equal to the amount of fuel (natural gas) output used for usable heat. The remaining percent escapes through exhaust. For example, a 80% A.F.U.E. furnace has 80% of its fuel going towards heating your home while the other 20% is wasted. The higher the A.F.U.E. rating the Greater the Natural Gas Savings!

As of 2015, the minimum federal requirement standard is a 80% A.F.U.E. However, 97.5% A.F.U.E. furnaces are available which means only 2.5% waste!

 


 

Man-replacing-filter-under-fau-e1458940917971-993x1024 Heating Efficiency

8 Heating Energy Saving Tips:

  • Schedule maintenance service 2x a year
  • Program your thermostat. Click here to learn more
  • Set your thermostat to 68 degrees or lower
  • Wear warm clothes & put that closet of blankets to good use
  • Ensure your home is adequately insulated and weather sealed for air leaks
  • Keep the windows and attached garages closed
  • Keep vents open and clear of furnishings
  • Replace your filter at least twice a year