Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- Air ducts naturally accumulate sizeable deposits of dust and other contaminants over a period of years.
- Dirt deposits can reduce the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system and even cause physical discomfort and illness by degrading the quality of air you breathe indoors.
- Dirt deposits in your air ducts actually act as food for organisms such as dust mites.
Contaminates build up inside the return ductwork. Traditional heating and cooling systems recirculate the air in a home via supply air ducts and return air ducts. Many homes have inefficient filters, which trap less than 10 percent of the particulate that is circulated in the system. If not trapped by the systems air filter, the particulate accumulates in the duct work and on the internal components of your furnace or fan coil.
Duct Cleaning Benefits
Cleaning your duct work eliminates these contaminates with the following benefits:
- Reduces allergens and irritants – Safeguard your health by eliminating potential causes of allergies and respiratory problems.
- Creates a cleaner, more comfortable living environment – Eliminate the dirt that acts as food for dust mites, bacteria, mold and other micro organisms.
- Removes unpleasant odors – Pets, paint fumes, mold, tobacco use, and food preparation all contribute to offensive smells in the air ducts. Every time you turn on the heat or air conditioning, those odors flow through the house. Plus, an accumulation of dirt and dust can lead to a musty scent. Rather than temporarily mask the odors with air fresheners, why not get in touch with a dependable HVAC repair team?
- Improves airflow – The longer you put off cleaning your ducts, the heavier the buildup of dust and grime. What this means is that your system is forced to work harder to heat or cool your home, resulting in a decreased level of efficiency.